Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Taking From the Source- Taking Only What We Need-Hunting Women




A Word on Hunting- I know it is fairly unusual, or at least unexpected in many parts to hunt, or see women and girls hunting. In my house I am proud to say that almost all of our seafood and meat is hunted or fished by us. It is sustainable, Organic, I know it's source. We process all of it ourselves, I know what goes into it, I know how it is made. I do not expect this is something most readers would be interested in, but if by chance you are, drop us a comment or a note! We love to hear about diverse, successful, women doing extraordinary things! And if you are a hunting man we celebrate you too, without you I would know nothing! "Thank You" most of all to Poppsy for taking the time to teach us everything you know about canning, preserving, smoking meats and seafood, hunting, fishing, exceptional cooking and generally enjoying life~



PROCESSING OUR VENISON
This weekend we made hundreds of pounds of burger, roasts and tenderloin from the deer that myself and brought in during late buck.  Because venison is such a lean meat I suggest adding beef fat, to ground burger, from your local organic butcher.  They usually love a source to give it away to!

Our burger processed into 1 lb portions for freezing

No comments:

Post a Comment