Monday, October 24, 2011

Perfect Oven Bacon

I had to share this because I wish everyone knew how easy and convenient it is to bake your bacon in the morning on a cookie sheet! I never have any room for bacon with all the pans on the stove, and grease is spattering everywhere! As a side note if you can keep any leftover bacon around... I haven't accomplished this yet.. the perfection of oven baked bacon is wonderful in BLT's, salads, anywhere!

Perfect Foolproof Bacon the Restaurant Way! 

Preheat a 400 oven. I suggest lining your baking sheet with tin foil for easy cleanup, some use a rack as well letting bacon drain onto pan. 7 minutes first side. Flip and 5 minutes the other side. Remove from oven and place on paper towels.  


Easy as that. It’s crispy, chewy, delicious, and much easier...



TRY-  Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa's Maple-Roasted Bacon! (Although I prefer to use Pepper bacon, the contrast is so wonderful!) 


A note on bacon...  I always buy the thick cut from the deli. Most of the time per pound it is the same price as that the tissue paper bacon from the packaged section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment