Thursday, October 20, 2011

.:In Season:. Apples

Taken at Prey's Fruit Stand- Leavenworth, Wa. 


How I have longed for the last few months, for apples that aren't last years freezer mush.  I happen to live in the best state for apples, but like all good things there is a time and a season.  Now that they are in, I just can't get enough! The limited life Honeycrisp is like tangy candy; Fujis make the best caramelled apples on a sunny, golden Autumn afternoon watching Breakfast at Tiffany's with my favorite little blonds. 


Courtesy of Leavenworth.org
Recently, my best girlfriend and I made a trip to the alpine Bavarian village of Leavenworth for Oktoberfest, and I found bushels of freshly picked Jonathon apples. My favorite apple for baking, and has nearly a year long lasting capacity! Time to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment